Just wondering who's fishing what?

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Hey I thought I'd start a topic to find out who is going to be fishing what lakes, rivers, ponds, etc. this year?

1) What places are you going to fish this year that you are really looking forward to and why?

2) Is anyone going to be fishing a new body of water this year?

I'll chime in after we get a few replies...
Brendan C.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

I'm building a boat cart with 16" cart wheels. There are a bunch of small waters that I have been wanting to fish for years that I have never been on. With the cart I can wheel a small johnboat for a 1/2 a mile to get to the water! I am really looking forward to that!

I have a friend up north that said she could get me into a private lake that a relative of hers lives on and I'm looking forward to that.

Lake Champlain again this summer.

To be honest I'm just happy that some major projects on my house are finished so I can fish a bit more!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
jmukes13

Post by jmukes13 »

Those relatives don't live on it, they have a summer camp with access rights to it.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

I was talking about a place in Sullivan County!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Cool, so other than Frank no one else is going to be fishing this year... that means less fishing pressure and better fishing for the rest of us! (lol)

You know this is not a test, it's just an opportunity to share your interests with the other board members.
Brendan C.
allenray

Post by allenray »

Our tournament schedule includes Green river in Kentucky April, which I've never got to fish. In June 29th 30th in East bay Lake Erie by Sandusky bay, I've never gone there either. The rest are local lakes and the Ohio river. I'm excited about the new season. And can't wait to get on the water.Plus I've got some new rods and reels to try out.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Those are some great places... This year I'm going to the Susquehanna flats and Lake Oneida... Never been to the Flats, so I'm really looking forward to that tournament.

Every time I think I'm going to be able to sneak my boat out, it starts snowing again!!!
Brendan C.
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

As always I will be fishing at Castaic and I plan to go to Puddingstone and Silverwood this year which are two lakes I haven't fished before.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Originally Posted By: geobassAs always I will be fishing at Castaic and I plan to go to Puddingstone and Silverwood this year which are two lakes I haven't fished before.

Any idea what the lake records are for those two Geo?
Brendan C.
dansfishntales

Post by dansfishntales »

Unfortunately my fishing is never planned, or rarely. Most of the time it is pick up and go for a short time. It is rare for me to fish a full day. Most of my trips are 1/2 hour to 3 or 4 hours. Maybe that is good, for when I do get a chance to do a video I know how to find fish quickly. At least I hope I do.

Last year I had to film a segment with Fran Riley, when he wanted me to take him fishing for his news segment. The time limit was about 1 1/2 hours, and that wasn't on the water time. I had about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes to catch fish, and hopefully have Fran catch one. I caught 4 bass - Fran caught the "salad" - a bunch of coontail and grass.

Anyway, my fishing will be the same old spots - RICC Conservation Lakes; Gould Lake; Swearingen Lake; Nelson Lake; Mississippi River; and maybe Lake George; Railroad Lake; Lake of the Hills; Lambauch Lake and Hennepin Canal. A few of these are shore and 2-man boat fishing.

Sorry there isn't anything exciting.
Dan Galusha : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Illinois