1st tournament coming.....

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
allenray

Post by allenray »

Green river in kentucky saturday and sunday. Then Rocky fork lake in Ohio next sunday. Good luck Nunzio!!!
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Good luck boys... I'm in the same situation... Tournaments on Saturday and Sunday... "Are we there yet?" lol
Brendan C.
allenray

Post by allenray »

Well first tourney in the bag. Weather was warm very windy though 30mph winds. Water was in the high 40's to low 50's and very muddy. The bite was spurratic. but some good fish were found. big fish was 6 1/2. with several 5lbs. Some guys figured out what was working early and set a first day bag at 22lbs. Second day was overcast with 40mph winds and the weights were not as good. I finally figured out to fish along rock faces in 30 to 50 feet of water with a vertical drop of a jig or creature bait. And just drop it from ledge to ledge. Bites were light usually just pick it up and sit with it or swim off a short distance. Only weighed in 4 keepers but I was glad to have them some guys didn't catch any. Which for two days of getting beat up by the wind really sucks. Hope you guys faired better. Getting ready for another tourney on sunday and there's a cold front due on saturday. But at least I'm fishing!!
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Best of luck to all of you! Don't forget to update your fantasy team!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
allenray

Post by allenray »

Second tournament is over. Only two short fish for me. the day was beautiful but three tournaments and 150 boats on a 3000 acre lake was tough. There was literally a boat every 100yards. Out of the twelve boats in our club there were only 15 fish brought in. The conditions were cold and sunny the water was clear to 10ft and 51. Jigs, craws, beavers and crankbaits were the prodominate baits. looking for drop offs into deeper water and points in deep water were the main fish areas.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

I'll agree, we didn't catch a ton of fish, but they we good ones when they did bite. There were four tournaments on the Lake with us with boats everywhere... had to fish in a crowd and get in line to flip docks. Caught everything on the Keitech jigs though... they wanted a jig for sure.

Good luck in your next tournaments...
Brendan C.