catching finally

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
allenray

catching finally

Post by allenray »

finally starting to catch some fish
allenray

catching finally

Post by allenray »

It's been pretty much a slump through the spring no real pattern to speak of.The weather hasn't been very stable. Cold and lots of rain. The water temps have just recently gotten to the mid 60's. I'll be hitting the river this weekend for a tournament coming up next week. Think I'll be hitting points and dropoffs and creek mouths. But there is a warming trend comming for the next week. So it may be time to go up into the creeks and look for spawning flats.
brendanc

catching finally

Post by brendanc »

Glad to hear things are picking up for you... We're already seeing post spawn fishing around my area. Good luck with your practice and tournament.
Brendan C.
allenray

catching finally

Post by allenray »

Thanks the water is still a mess. Lots of debris and muddy. The temps are just starting to rise with the warm weather. I'm hopeing it turns around soon.
wgbassgirl

catching finally

Post by wgbassgirl »

Like Brendan mentioned we are already seeing the post-spawn and it's very frustrating for me. The post spawn is my biggest challenge. I did finally learn to use a topwater bait, a popper, so hopefully I will finally start to catch some bass.
allenray

catching finally

Post by allenray »

I know what you mean. It took me awhile to learn how to use a spook but it paid off. It's been a weird year the baits you think should be working don't and the baits you get fish on you wouldn't normally use this time of year. Most of the fish here are suspending already which makes fishing tough. So I'm learning how to use spoons and drop shot.
wgbassgirl

catching finally

Post by wgbassgirl »

It has definitely been weird this year. Must be all the crazy weather that has been going on around the country >/smirk.gif" alt="smirk" title="smirk" height="15" width="15" />

I'm going to keep working with the topwater baits. I love a challenge. >/grin.gif" alt="grin" title="grin" height="15" width="15" />

I actually have never tried the drop shot. I have read about it. There's an extensive article on the site that. It's amazing how much I learn, and then realize how more I can still learn. But it's great and I love it.