Pop N' Image Jr.

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
Crestliner

Pop N' Image Jr.

Post by Crestliner »

This is quite a little lure. This small, top water bait has been producing very well for me over the past couple of weeks. Yes, it is a popper; but more than that, with the right set-up, I can "walk-the-dog" with this bad boy so easily it's almost evil!

I'm using a 7' LIGHT action spinning rod. 6# test Fireline on a Cardinal 101, with a 4' section of 8# test MONO (to facilitate flotation and give some stretch) attached to the business end via an Alberto knot. A small snap connects the bait to the leader.

You can cast this thing a mile and she starts walking right away, with very little effort. Pause and pop....then continue to walk. Ended up with 14 LM last week and several more this week. Biggest was only about 3 lbs. though (fishing an old Oxbow off the Ct. River), but loads of fun on a "near" UL set up.

This particular Pop N' Image Jr. has Bill Dance's signature on it. Not sure where you can get one now. Got mine several years ago. With the leaves starting to turn now and the bass getting on the "bite", top waters should really come into their own. And, for what it's worth, this lure is deserving of your attention! Here's what it looks like:

brendanc

Pop N' Image Jr.

Post by brendanc »

Nice info Crestliner thanks for sharing again! I have some of those in the full size, but not the Jr. size... It's cool how that little thing will walk the dog. I have a Bass Pro gift card from my Birthday that I've been meaning to use... BPS has these for $5.79... might just have to pick up a couple.
Brendan C.