Doodling

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
Crestliner

Doodling

Post by Crestliner »

Found this link on another forum recently and it reflects a seemingly effective finesse presentation that could be value-added to some:

Doodling Video

A more precise note of clarification is needed though. Doodling is vertical fishing over deep water, for suspended bass. You need to find the fish first on the sonar, or have a pretty good idea of the depth they are suspending at. Then lower your doodle to that depth and hold it there, while shaking.

Problems is, I don't believe the video was clear enough on this facet of the presentation. Instead, they switched to the aquarium view, where it left you with the impression that doodling is on an "on-bottom" technique.

I don't believe it is, but I could be wrong. If I am wrong, then there is no way I'm pulling a bass out of 60' of water, like where they were fishing over. That's a sure death sentence for the bass, unless you fizz them. And fizzing is not something anyone really practices on a regular basis. At least not the anglers I associate with. Again, I could be way off base or I missed something after two viewings.