Tournament winner!!

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
allenray

Tournament winner!!

Post by allenray »

Our second tournament of the season was on Brookville lake Indiana. Bluebird skies, muddy water, water temps in the 50's,light winds. Since the water was really muddy I started with a gold willow leaf spinner bait. And my partner with a tube. Five cast later I boat a 3.5 large mouth. Great I thought the day is going to be good. Ten minutes later I boat a 2lb small mouth. Awesome right. within the nest 20 minutes my partner boats a 3lb and a 2lb largemouth. Then it was like someone turned off the light switch. We needed only one more fish for a limit and now nothing. Within two hours of starting we had 4 out of 5 in the boat. Thinking that everyone else must be having the same luck we were eager to find that one last fish. Beating our brains out trying to find that last fish was bringing us down and the loss of a good fish at the boat in the last hour really broke our spirits. So dragging in to the weigh in thinking we were beaten. Cussing ourselves at our bad luck. Standing in line watching others weigh in their one fish at a time our spirits began to brighten when we put in four fish and our hopes began to get higher as others began to stammer. 10lbs! We were dumb founded. The next closest weight was 6lbs. We won! We actually won!! Missed big fish by half an ounce but we WON! Never have I gone in so disappointed and ended up so happy!!
brendanc

Tournament winner!!

Post by brendanc »

That's awesome... great story! Congrats on your win. In the end, you never know what everyone else has until the weigh-in (unless your in Major League Fishing) lol

I've got 7 tournaments lined up over the next 10 days... it's going to be crazy. Good luck on the next one... keep that momentum going bro.
Brendan C.
wgbassgirl

Tournament winner!!

Post by wgbassgirl »

That's awesome!! Congrats.
allenray

Tournament winner!!

Post by allenray »

Thank you it turned out to be a great day. Wow Brendon 7 in 10 days that's hurting my back just thinking about it. Hope you do well.