Spybaiting?

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
Crestliner

Spybaiting?

Post by Crestliner »

Has anyone had any success using this technique with the Realis Spin Bait 80?
Murphangler

Spybaiting?

Post by Murphangler »

I have...caught my first ever "double" on schooling largemouths last year. Still mastering it.
Jerk 'em out.... put 'em in the box!
Crestliner

Spybaiting?

Post by Crestliner »

My question would be: It is advocated that the use of light test fluorocarbon line be used for this technique. I do not see a problem using a light braid with a fluorocarbon leader, does anyone else here?
brendanc

Spybaiting?

Post by brendanc »

like drop shotting, I think you do fine with a fluorocarbon leader. I used to use fluorocarbon line to braid and fish tiny hair jigs and it worked fine... fish were not spooked by it all.

What do you think Murph?
Brendan C.
Murphangler

Spybaiting?

Post by Murphangler »

I see absolutely no issue with braid to fluoro leader on this at all while spybaiting, although the braid may slow the sink rate a bit. When I have used the technique, it has always been on straight FC. I have contacted the owner of Duo Realis for clarification, will post his response
Murphangler

Spybaiting?

Post by Murphangler »

Here is his response:

"Have your gents go to www.spybaiting.com. But heres the deal as standardized as some fluoro to braid lengths are, it would effect the fall. Several years ago, I introduced a line presentation called T-shot...now pros use it but just call it a fluoro to braid leader. But there is a great reason for this presentation. By using my T-shot a finesse braid set up.. preferably an 8 strand finesse braid (hard to find, but getting easier) 18 pound braid and 5-pound fluoro you will be able to fish much like main line 5-pound fluoro. 1st. take 25ft minimum to 35 feet fluoro 5 or 6 pound (for the spinbait 80 or 80 gfix). Mate it with the 15 to 20 lb braid. This set up allows the weight of the fluoro to interact well with the keel of the lure again lining out the lure line using main line fluoro. Second, this combo still allows much higher vibration/sensativity so detection is excellent and elongation issues are decreased (pending the quality and brand of fluoro). Third line incorporation removes the knot (now in the spool) when the bass nears the boat's gunnel. So you actually fight the fish on main line. I hope this helps !"
brendanc

Spybaiting?

Post by brendanc »

Great stuff Murph!
Brendan C.
Murphangler

Spybaiting?

Post by Murphangler »

Kinda cool when the upper staff of a company responds personally!