Electric only lakes

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
allenray

Electric only lakes

Post by allenray »

We have two tournaments this season on electric only lakes. I've been thinking of using two trolling motors one in the front and one in the back. Which my partner will operate the one in the back. I've done this a few times in the past. But I was thinking the other day while fishing it would be nice if I could operate the two from the front. With all the windy days we have it's hard to control the boat the way you want with just the one motor. I know it's picky but being blown around like a bobber is frustraighting at times in heavy winds. A wind sock helps sometimes but it would be nice if you could control your drift more so than I can now. Am I just being nuts or has anyone else thought of this.
brendanc

Electric only lakes

Post by brendanc »

That's the best setup on an electric only lake. Long Island is 99% electric only, so my 16' Alumicraft is set up with two trolling motors. I installed a solenoid with a big foot on/off switch in the front of the boat so I can turn the rear motor on and off at the bow. Great setup.
Brendan C.
allenray

Electric only lakes

Post by allenray »

That was my thought also of using a on off switch at the front but when I have a partner in the back I just let him operate it. But my thought was to use this adaptor that makes a standard transom trolling motor a foot controlled motor. But the draw back is that the control cord is only six foot long. I'll keep thinking about this.