Good Idea or not

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
allenray

Good Idea or not

Post by allenray »

I have been tinkering with the idea of a lure keeper that goes around your rod and your crankbait since I've had the experience of being hooked and hooking other things with a crank tied on the rod. I know there all kinds of wrap around cloth and Velcro wraps for that but I really don't like the way they work. My Idea is for a hard plastic box that snaps around the pole and the bait. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? And if you have who makes them so I can see if it's anything like what I'm thinking about.
allenray

Good Idea or not

Post by allenray »

Well I guess I've answered my own question. I found one like I've been making on the internet. It's called "Snap a lure" I had been making them from some old car radio face cases I had laying around my shop. thinking I had an original Idea. Nope searched for a few hours and found one just like it. Oh well can't win them all.
brendanc

Good Idea or not

Post by brendanc »

Sorry Allenray... been fishing tournaments and haven't had good internet access at our hotel. I have seen the ones you're talking about before. Like a travel soap box with a hole that the rod can go through.

Have you seen these ones... I think they're pretty cool because they are flexible and they hide your lure in case you don't want guys snooping around your tackle. >/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink" height="15" width="15" />
Crankbait Cover Ups
Brendan C.
allenray

Good Idea or not

Post by allenray »

Yes I've seen those type of wraps. The reason I thought of it was I had hooked my pants legs once again. And was trying to think of how to remedy this. I have a stereo shop and had a lot of old car radio face cases lying around. With a little hillbilly engineering I got it fit around the rod and crank. I had seen the cloth type wraps but not hard plastic ones. But later found some on the internet. Hope you have good luck with the tournaments!! I've got one this weekend and am going to try and sneek in a little turkey hunting too.
brendanc

Good Idea or not

Post by brendanc »

I've never been a fan of the cloth wraps. Hey, how'd your tournament go last weekend?
Brendan C.
allenray

Good Idea or not

Post by allenray »

Not that great. The lake is down 15 feet cause they are putting in a new marina. Which means there is only one ramp open with one lane on the entire lake. And as you can imagine with 100 boats trying to get in and out at the same time it was a lot of fun. The fishing was ok caught a lot of short ones. But with the water temps in the 70's I think they wanted to spawn but there weren't a lot of areas left for them to do that. Small jigs and plastics were working but the bite was very light. Still waiting for the end of June to go to Erie and get spoiled catching 50 a day!!
brendanc

Good Idea or not

Post by brendanc »

Sorry to hear that... sounds like a rough day on the water. I miss Erie!!! I've got to get back up there soon. Have a blast, should be a great time (as always). >/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink" height="15" width="15" />

Just finished up my crazy run of spring tournaments. Nice to have a little break... a lot of days on the road. Not complaining, just saying.

Been having issues with the electrical system on my Ranger. Hoping to get everything sorted out this week.
Brendan C.
allenray

Good Idea or not

Post by allenray »

Not a fun issue to have. I had some electric problems last year with my trailer. Mice had chewed through some of the wires and it was shorting out. Took me some time to figure it out. Good luck with it..