Smith Lake, AL

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
Murphangler

Smith Lake, AL

Post by Murphangler »

Just got fionished on Smith Lake for the Bassmaster Southern Open #2 - deep water and lots of ledges. If you ever fish there, a word of advice - make sure you have a Navionics card, competitor card had ZERO data on the lake as they havent completed any logging there. Only way to see contours, which was crucial to success, was through Navionics.
Jerk 'em out.... put 'em in the box!
brendanc

Re: Smith Lake, AL

Post by brendanc »

How'd you make out Chris?
Brendan C.
Murphangler

Post by Murphangler »

Had limits both days, just never found the big girls. Fishing drop offs around flats was crucial, so contour maps played a huge role. Missed a good one on day one that would have made a big difference, but you have to fish clean to win, and this one wrapped me up around a steel cable underwater.
Murphangler

Post by Murphangler »

Here's what Im talking about - flats around dropoffs were critical to finding fish, so my Navionics chip was heavily used.

[[img]https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... BFCF5A/img]
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

I re-posted your image, had an extra " [ " in front of the Image

It's so nice having GPS and great contour maps. With the Navionics web app... I haven't needed to pulled out a paper map in years.
Brendan C.
Murphangler

Post by Murphangler »

I use it ALL THE TIME!! you ever use the search function on the app to find lakes?