senkos

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
d.mcgarry

senkos

Post by d.mcgarry »

What is your favorite color size and way to nrig the new hot bait "Senkos"?
Dan McGarry : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
Dave Delio

senkos

Post by Dave Delio »

Dan I have to say "wakey style"seems to attract big fish for me.For some reason I tend to use light colors.Like I said in the lakes and pond post for Kahlers pond,Clear pink with black and silver fleck is my favorite...
JoeM

senkos

Post by JoeM »

Dan- This is a twist....the Pro's are asking the questions.
I've fished many years with Cap'n Chuck of the Yamamoto Pro Staff. He uses all sizes and even pieces when fishing for his "unsophisticated bass" in the Penobscot. He is also a believer in using the split-shot hook that GYCB produces (via Gamakatsu)
I also use that hook a lot, although one of your fellow Pro Staffers convinced me to use a more formidable kirbed hook over at "that certain weedless body of water in NY" My hookups increased there and I have used it in CT lakes.
I start out using 5" Senkos and I rig them wacky style. After about 8 casts, I nose hook it for a few more casts and then hook it in the tail if there is any part of the Senko left.
Colors haven't been important for me, except in the above mentioned lake. I won't reveal that color here, although you ought to.
Keep posting. Thanks JoeM
Good Fishing,
JoeM - Former Message Board Moderator
brendanc

senkos

Post by brendanc »

If anyone catches Dan posting questions again in the "Ask the Pros" section, please let me know A.S.A.P. so I can have him removed from the ProStaff and added back to the general public! (Just Kidding)

Dan - Let's try to read the "Title & Descriptions" of the message boards, before we post on them...

Thanks...

CUCH
Brendan C.
AKO

senkos

Post by AKO »

Dan, I am suprised to see you post on the board AT ALL considering, " Real fisherman don't talk about fishing on the internet, they are too busy fishing!" Has your stance changed? :rolleyes:
YAR

senkos

Post by YAR »

first it was the mudbug, the tube and now the senkos. what will be the next super bait for LIB??? anyway mister prostaff when i throw them it's watermelon and i rig it tx style. maybe i should throw them more?
JoeM

senkos

Post by JoeM »

Ray- at $6.00 a bag, I think I will be looking to buy the Kinami Flash instead of Senkos. The Kinami are packed 7 (not 10) to the bag, thereby allowing the angler to buy more different colors for only (only?) $3.99 a bag.
For $12. you can get 3 different colors (21 total baits) or you could by 2 different colors of Senko (@ $6 a bag) (20 baits).
Anyone try them yet? Bass Pro Shops on line or by phone (Brendan, is BPS a sponsor?)
Let's hear it. JoeM
Good Fishing,
JoeM - Former Message Board Moderator
**DONOTDELETE**

senkos

Post by **DONOTDELETE** »

WELL...I RIG THEM TEXAS STYLE WITH A 5/0 TEXPOSER LUNKER CITY HOOK...HAVENT LOSE ONE YET!!!I WON LUNKER WITH A 5 LB 1OZ ON SWAN NITE TOURNAMENT..CAUGHT ON A 10" SENKO GRUB WITH THE TEXPOSER HOOK!!!...!!!ROLAND
brendanc

senkos

Post by brendanc »

Joe,

Bass Pro Shops is an affiliate of ours, but they do not "sponsor" the site. We do plan to approach them for sponsorship once the new website is completed.
Brendan C.
d.mcgarry

senkos

Post by d.mcgarry »

I think someone out there might have heard the wrong message, I never said real fisherman don't post there out fishing, I said that there are a few people who for some reason like to bragg about how many, how big and how many hours they say there on the water, they seem to be on the "net" bragging. The internet is a grat communication tool and you can learn an awful lot in a short period of time, not to mention purchasing hard to get items. I should spend a little more time communicating so I should not be misrepresented. Besides I can spend time at work posting when I have a few moments and it might be the next best thing other than being on the water. Also please stop me if I start bragging about all my hours on the water and all the five pounders I catch and my 200 bass days. Good Fishing Dan
Dan McGarry : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York