Rod problem

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
Dave Delio

Rod problem

Post by Dave Delio »

Question to the pro's......I have a shakespeare rod the has or seems to have a stripped nut that holds the reel on....any remidies?
**DONOTDELETE**

Rod problem

Post by **DONOTDELETE** »

hey dave...spinning or baitcast????Roland
ukey28

Rod problem

Post by ukey28 »

Sorry bud. Unless all the guides are off the rod or you have a rear screw reel seat it's major surgery that usually results in death of the rod. If its a Spinning rod Electrical tape was the see all end all for the Tennesee Smallmouth kings in the not too distant past. There is a tape that the surf casters use for putting reels on the custom built surf sticks that has some texture. Its available at some of the Long Island tackle shops. Good Luck.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
JoeM

Rod problem

Post by JoeM »

Frank- Good answer. In fact, I'd rather have tape on my spinning rods. I'll have my son look for the one you recommend. Thanks! JoeM
Good Fishing,
JoeM - Former Message Board Moderator
ED F.

Rod problem

Post by ED F. »

DAVE, try using "cable-ties" (tie-wraps) you remember, the ties that I used to hold the light assemblies on my trailer on the way to the Whaley tournament. They should do a much better job on your rod than they did on my trailer, and they should hold much better than tape!
Dave Delio

Rod problem

Post by Dave Delio »

Thanks Ed....I think that may be the answer...Hate to loose a decent rod.