Getting Nothing For Beinging Honest

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
longislandbassman

Post by longislandbassman »

Back in 1999 I won the big bass state championship. But when it came time to go fish for the world championship at table rock lake MO. My Daugther had my first grand child. Dont know about anybody else but that was better then any fishing trip. So i contacted them to tell them i could,nt make it. After about 4 calls to MO i spoke to them they said they could'nt help me to come fish again,it was my loss and to top it all they send my prize winnings to my old job and a so call friend took it all,but said it never came (sure we know better). I just think this is bad for our sport and a big company like that showing there true colors. Take it from me never fish in the big bass world championship they dont care for anybody but them selfs. Sorry but had to get this off my chest. Thank You
God Bless
Pete (Bass Wrecker)
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Pete,

What was the deal with your friend? He took all your prizes? That *****! As for the guys who run the BBWC, you are not the first person who I have heard complaints from about their tournament. That's one of the reasons why we (Bassin' USA) have been exploring the possibilities of putting together our Big Bass Challenge (B.B.C.).

Before we would do anything, we always want to get feedback from other fishermen to try and avoid un-seen problems that may arise. Don't apologize for venting on the boards... after all, that's what they are here for.

Good Fishing...

BC
Brendan C.
JoeMo

Post by JoeMo »

FastBassman and Brendan- I was going to just leave your posts and not respond to this nasty experience you've had. But the more people aware of these practices, the sooner they will stop.

I don't know how these guys live with themselves when they injure upstanding bass fishermen. If they were talking about the usual "freebies (not)" that a lot of companies pass off as gifts, then I could understand their not making good. But to not assure a STATE BIG BASS WINNER his awards shows all of us just the kind of organization we are dealing with here.

Then there is your "buddy" (?????) who kept everything and says he doesn't have it. If that was the case, he would talk to postal investigators about retrieving the prizes. If he won't, it's because he knows the postal inspectors would nail him.

Don't worry, any guy like that will never have any luck catching fish. I suggest you turn the page and leave that company and that guy in the past.

Thanks for posting. JoeMo
Good Fishing,
JoeMo - Bassin' USA Message Board Moderator
MMT

Post by MMT »

I think the BBWC is a sham. When it first came out in the late 80's, I held the NYS lead two consecutive years only to be beaten out on the final day of the competition by the same guy each year with the exact same weight fish. My fish were both over 8lbs. To this day, I feel as if it is a rigged event. Bassin' Mag is but a shadow of what BassMaster and In-Fisherman are. I guess I'm saying that I feel it is less credible. Sorry to hear about your disappointment.
Craig DeFranzo
JoeMo

Post by JoeMo »

MMT- Yours is just another of the same type things we've been hearing for years. Some of it might just be accidental, but when one incident after another keeps happening it's time to move on.

Keep posting. Much obliged. JoeMo
Good Fishing,
longislandbassman

i would like ti take this time to thank you all for understanding and letting me vent a lil.I am now looking to find a good bass club to join and meet a new group of friends so i could just do what i love thats bass fish. And Brendan we are very close I live in lake Grove maybe we can fish together sometime. Thank You all very much and maybe someday i can be a part of bassin. I would love for you gentlemen to starts tournaments
Please count me in.
Thanks Pete S.

Pete
God Bless
Pete (Bass Wrecker)
JoeMo

Post by JoeMo »

Hey Pete S.- Don't say goodbye. Keep posting. Everyone has their own take on each issue. Questions are what makes these Boards function. Imagine the Pro Staff with no questions to ponder. Why they would just have to go back to bassin'. lol

Seriously, let's hear more from you on any of the Boards. Thanks again for contributing. Bass Wishes, JoeMo
Good Fishing,
longislandbassman

Thanks JoMo i do have one more question i am thinking of joining 1 of two clubs i found here 1- long island bassmasters 2- all island bassmasters. any in put on either or really both.

ThANKS PETE
God Bless
Pete (Bass Wrecker)
MMT

Post by MMT »

The all-island bassmasters is not a true club. It is an organization put together by Fred Fisher and Dave Romeo. Their rep's preceed them. Their sole purpose is to get you to put out 50.00 a tournament so they can profit. Sorry I am spelling it out like this but they are a sham as well as the BBWC. They originally named themselves after several different LI clubs but were warned that they would be sued. They do not have meetings. They are a for profit org. If you want to learn, you won't learn there. Are you interested in fishing solely on LI or in the tri state area??? There are some good clubs...Suffolk County BM, Atlantic BM, Outcast BM, East End BM, LIB, East End Bass Assassin's. You would be served well in any of those clubs. Just a friendly warning. Not meant to offend.
Craig DeFranzo
JoeMo

Post by JoeMo »

MMT- Thanks for the warning. I don't get a warm feeling when Dave's name is mentioned.

I still have ties on LI including my Son. I number many friends in most of the Clubs you mentioned in your post.

Pete- If you decide to join one of these Clubs, I would suggest you attend one or more of their meetings first. Every Club is different as are those who are seeking a club to join. I wish you good luck wherever you decide to go.

Be well. JoeMo
Good Fishing,