Pro Staff: Tell us....

Our community is all about helping out our fellow anglers. Post general bass fishing topics here
JoeMo

Post by JoeMo »

Tell us what you do on your Summer Vacation.

It would be interesting to know what you fellas do to recharge your batteries (those that aren't made by Delco, Trojan, etc. We mean YOUR personal batteries!)

What do you do? Fish more? Study less? Do you take a few days off after each tournament in order to catch up on sleep?

Thanks up front. JoeMo
Good Fishing,
JoeMo - Bassin' USA Message Board Moderator
mofish

Post by mofish »

Thats a pretty interesting Question. I have not fished any of the Big Name Pro Tails but the year that I fished the BFL tournaments to me that was a Vacation. I went to the tournaments and Camped in a tent. One to save money and Two because I enjoy that type of time on the lake shore. Matter of fact fishing from the bank at the campgrounds before the tournament gave me am idea of what to do on tournament day.

This year we went to Cancun and spent some quality time together and just forgot about everything. We also do alot of work around the house to take our minds off the stress of dealing with it all.

My wife usally lines up some kind of fishing oppertunity for me on all the trips we have taken in the past. What a woman!!!! This year was her year to pick the Vacation. Beleive it or not she had planned on me going fishing while we were in Cancun. I did not go. I stayed with her.
Thanks,
Conley Staley
d.mcgarry

Post by d.mcgarry »

Joe, When you do what you love you are always on vacation!!! I fish all the time I can and when I'm not fishing, I'm thinking about fishing!!! I just have always wanted to be good enough to do what I love everyday, fish for Bass. I think many of the Pro-staffers use their vacation from work to fish like me!!! A quick lesson for the youngsters out there make sure you do what you love it is easier to work at it every day and you will never need a vacation just some time to do something alittle different!! Good Bassin' Dan Bass
Dan McGarry : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
JoeMo

Post by JoeMo »

Conley- Both you and Dan indicate that you both don't need a vacation from an activity you love, namely bass fishing. I think we can all identify with that. But you have to consider your significant other and/or children. They will need a vacation. If you can do both at the same time, so much the better.

Dan- I could do the same as you and be happy.
As you know, my lady has been known to outfish me occasionally. (???) We spent many happy weeks on the Penobscot River and South Branch Lake with Cap'n Chuck Duggins for over 10 years. We haven't been up there in a couple of years. Maybe 2003. My friend John Schroeder is trying to convince us to go to Lake Salto. He was there this past Spring and caught 8's, 9's and then broke 10 lbs! Again, maybe 2003?

Both of you- Thanks for your creative tips and thoughtful posts week in and week out.
JoeMo
Good Fishing,
SMbass

Post by SMbass »

"Summer Vacation" whats that?? Joe, i have no vacation during the summer. I was on the road fishing the past 2 weeks, now I'm home for 11 days then gone again for 6 weeks fishing. I know you must feel sorry for me I guess one could call the next 11 days home a vacation, but its being spent catching up on sponsorship obligations, unpacking and repacking. I'm sure I will also get a few days of fishing at some top notch lakes that are too small for major tournaments. I think you may know the one I am referring too.

I do take a fall vacation away from fishing when hunting season opens. I like the challenge of taking a whitetail almost as much as fishing, and it is a nice change.

As for recharging my batteries, i get rest when I can, usually the day before a big tournament. I arrive atleast a day earlier to relax and work on my tackle. I like to enter official practice with a clear, relaxed, focused mind
Tim Carini
JoeMo

Post by JoeMo »

Tim- Yeah, I feel sorry for you, just like I feel sorry for Hugh Hefner. lol

Which direction are you going in for the next 6 weeks? South, Central or West? Of course you'll be doing a lot of things, meeting a lot of people and hopefully wetting some line. And I'll bet you are enjoying every minute of it. Even when you are dog-tired and you have to get back on a plane.

We all wish you well. As Ray Adell used to say on the radio with his show "The Fisherman's Forecaster":
"Throw the small one's back. Leave a few for me." (That was long before C&R became famous)

Thank's for posting. We'll talk more about whitetails when the cold weather returns.
Be well. JoeMo
Good Fishing,
SMbass

Post by SMbass »

I will be fishing the Thousand Islands for 12 days, then the Hudson for a week, back to Thousand Islands for a Bassmaster Northern Open, then back to the Hudson for another week of practice, then to my buddies place on Lake Erie (the Hudson becomes off limits at that time), then back to the Hudson for the last BASS Northern Open. Thankfully there will be no planes, just 6 straight weeks of fishing from sunrise to sunset, and the occasional 5 to 7 hour drive. Only in America.
Tim Carini
JoeMo

Post by JoeMo »

Tim- On second thought, I'll change my previous post. I do envy you. (I no longer envy Hefner. lol)

I think Sinatra sang "It's the good life."
Live it to the fullest. My Bass Wishes go with you. JoeMo
Good Fishing,
johnnie crain outdoors

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Quote:Originally posted by mofish:
Thats a pretty interesting Question. I have not fished any of the Big Name Pro Tails but the year that I fished the BFL tournaments to me that was a Vacation. I went to the tournaments and Camped in a tent. One to save money and Two because I enjoy that type of time on the lake shore. Matter of fact fishing from the bank at the campgrounds before the tournament gave me am idea of what to do on tournament day.

This year we went to Cancun and spent some quality time together and just forgot about everything. We also do alot of work around the house to take our minds off the stress of dealing with it all.

My wife usally lines up some kind of fishing oppertunity for me on all the trips we have taken in the past. What a woman!!!! This year was her year to pick the Vacation. Beleive it or not she had planned on me going fishing while we were in Cancun. I did not go. I stayed with her.
Johnnie Crain
johnnie crain outdoors

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Quote:Originally posted by johnnie crain:
Quote:Originally posted by mofish:

Johnnie Crain