Congamond Lake

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
JoeMo

Congamond Lake

Post by JoeMo »

Question for Brendan: Could you give us your impressions of Congamond Lake here in CT. Is it a tough lake to fish? Are there both Largemouth and Smallmouth? Depth? Weeds? Rock? (Last one is a dumb question for CT.)
Anything else you could addmight be helpful to the New Englanders who visit the Website.
Many Thanks. JoeMo Moderator
Good Fishing,
JoeMo - Bassin' USA Message Board Moderator
brendanc

Congamond Lake

Post by brendanc »

Joe,

I actually just took first place in a 2-day tournament on Congamond last weekend with a total of about 31lbs for two days. It was my first time there, so I don't know every little detail about the place.

The lake is full of weeds, docs, and wood... some rock, but not like most CT lakes. The fish are BIG and fight hard. They have both largemouth and smallmouth bass. The lake has good fishing for both the shallow and the deep fisherman.

Right now the fish are just about finished spawning, and water temp was hanging around the 60 degrees mark.

The lake is actually broken into 3 sections. The lower section is easily accessed through an underpass, the northern section is a bit tuff to get a full sized bass boat through, but it can be done. (Don't get mad at me if you scratch your boat)

Fishing is generally HOT. Crankbaits have been the key lately along with a White Spinnerbait with small willow leaf blades.
Brendan C.
JoeMo

Congamond Lake

Post by JoeMo »

Good description, Brendan. Sounds like a good fishery.
For the record, how far is Congamond from places like Mudge Pond and East Twin? What is the launch like?
By the way, great job. 2 days; over 30 lbs! Says a lot for the lake and probably even more for the angler.
Bass Wishes, JoeMo Moderator
Good Fishing,
brendanc

Congamond Lake

Post by brendanc »

Joe,

It is about 40 minutes north of Route 84 on the CT/MA border. Ramp area is nice, two boats can launch at a time. Parking lot looks like it would fit a 30-40 boat tournament.

Thanks for the compliment...

BC
Brendan C.
JoeMo

Congamond Lake

Post by JoeMo »

So, you take I-84 East to Route 8 or is it nearer to I-91?
I'm looking to attract CT bassin people to this great site. Maybe they can add to your comments, further certifying Congamond as a first-rate bass fishery.
Anybody?
Bass Wishes, JoeMo Moderator
Good Fishing,